Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Manifesto

  The title of my blog, to me is about being brave. I am living a life that is not the one I thought I would have. That is not to say that it has no meaning, it does; I can see where it can be so much more. I have a great job that is, unfortunately one that I do not have my heart into. I have a good marriage but I want it to be a great one. I have awesome kids (3) and those are not something that I want to change but I would love to change my interactions with them.
   I see things in the world that I would love to be a part of if only I were brave enough. With this blog, I would like to kind of document this growth but also have some fun stuff in it too. One of the things that I have been wanting to change is my lack of creativity. I was such a creative person but as my need for a better job increased so did my creativity decrease. Isn't it crazy how that happens? So, some of the things I will be posting on is my struggle to transform my life from the one that I am living into the one that I am loving, and the journey to figuring out what that means exactly. I also am going to be posting on crafts that I am making for various charities or loved ones and also my love of thrift store refashions with maybe some fun with fake hair thrown in.
  My Bff recently gave me a sewing machine (I haven't sewn in about 7 years) and I will be attempting to make some fun and fashionable things on it. My inspiration will mostly be coming from Mod Cloth, and Apostrophe (and any others that people turn me on to). I also follow Gros Grain because she has some amazing ideas and is far more crafty than I am. Coming soon: Photos from my first Toy Society Toy drop, My first back in the Saddle sewing project, and details on bracelets that I will be crocheting for Craft Hope. All I am really waiting on is  figuring the correct cord for my camera so I can post pics!!. Keep coming back there is some great stuff lined up!

No comments:

Post a Comment