Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wooing the Man #1

   I have been thinking about this for a while: What can I do to make things really great between hubby and I? Lately we have been in a bit of a slump. We barely see each other- he works days and I have been working nights. We don't seem to share a common interest any more. We used to play card games or video games or have a show that we both loved but those have seemed to have gone to the wayside, especially since our quality time seems to be when he is going to sleep and I am just getting home and making myself some dinner. All to often any more it seems as though we are living our own separate lives instead of sharing one. This isn't all that bad, there is a feeling of freedom involved, but if I wanted to have a relationship like that, I think I would have just opted for a roommate instead of a husband. I miss us. I miss our passion. I miss laying my cheek on his shoulder and feeling his skin against mine and knowing that for just that one moment, all is right in the world.  So I have decided to take the reins in the relationship department and start wooing him. I think that maybe it hasn't occurred to him that this needs to be done. Or maybe he feels like he is being taken for granted (I know I do). At any rate, something's got to give. So I decided why not give it a go? That is how project Wooing the Man has begun. Fortunately he never reads my blog (I am not sure he even knows that I have one) so I can post my attempts here.
   The challenges I face are these:
              1) It must be something from the heart.
              2) Low budget.
              3) Something that will get us talking about the positive things in our relationship.
              4) Big impact, small time.
This is what I came up with:
     Wooing the Man#1
    Every day for the next seven days, I am going to wrap him a gift. The gift cannot be anything purchased. It has to be from around the house. I am gong to wrap them as though there were something very expensive inside and put them on the fireplace mantle with a sign that says: Do not open til Thursday. No peeking! Or something like that. Next Thursday, once the kids have gone to bed, I am going to have a pile of seven presents all wrapped and tagged with his name on them. They are going to be in a pile around the fireplace and maybe even have the fire on. I am going to light some candles, and have him unwrap his gifts one by one. As he unwraps them, I am going to tell him the reason I chose to wrap that particular item up as a gift. The first item I am going to wrap for him today is a wrench (and cross my fingers that he wont need it for a week lol). The reason I chose the wrench is because there are so many times that he has saved the family time and money by working on my car (and his) and it is appreciated. I am not even sure if I thanked him the last time he worked on one of the vehicles. It could be because I helped him, well he let me feel like I was helping hehe. But really even if I did, usually little automobile repairs like that are appreciated at the time and then completely forgotten about. I want to spot light those efforts and let him know that I still appreciate him for it.
I am not sure what I am going to do for the other days, but I will keep you posted and let you know how it turns out. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment