Friday, March 25, 2011

Character Bento

  I am addicted to making bentos. For those of you who are not familiar with what a bento is, it is a really just a lunch box from Japan. But I am not talking about just any kind of lunch box, I am referring to Character Bentos specifically. It is not the box that makes these lunches special, it is what is in them! In a character bento, you find a theme and design your box around it. So lets say you love Nintendo's Mario (or the person you are making the lunch for does) then you might come up with something like this...
This image is from http://www.weirdasianews.com/2008/05/10/kyaraben-bento-box/


  While I love making bentos, my results are not very satisfactory mainly because I lack technical knowledge and supplies. While cruising around this morning I found some pretty cool blogs that I thought others would enjoy also. www.justbento.com is one of them. This blog is amazing because it is in English (most bento sites are not nor are most of the books that you can get on them) and because she has links to suppliers!! I haven't made a bento for about two months and really I am all fired up to start producing these amazing little wonders again!! Just check out her handy work:
            


  Ok one more and I will leave you to it! 

This one is from www.anathered.com I love her work! She also goes into detail about how she does the amazing thing she does and even gets into what inspired her to create. If anyone out there is as crazy about these as I am, please feel free to leave a link in the comments area. I am always looking for inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! 1st Follower on your new blog!! I love bentos...never used mine tho. :) Heres the store I got your supplies from www.shirokiya.com

    Welcome to blogland!!

    ReplyDelete